- 76 hour fortnight with a paid day Off
- Sanctuary - trauma informed philosophy of care
- Salary packaging benefits that greatly increase take home pay
Churches of Christ in Queensland, Children, Youth and Families, North Brisbane
4 x Permanent, full-time positions.
Imagine reassuring a child that they are not alone.
About the role
We have new residential services opening in January 2020 and need 4 Team Leaders in the following areas: Wamuran, Morayfiled, Mango Hill and Landsborough.
As the Team Leader for the Residential program you will collaborate with Child Safety Services to work therapeutically with young people placed within the program.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the care team responsible for supporting each young person;
- Actioning referrals for young people to be placed within the relevant program;
- Coordinating the process of matching the young person’s needs to the program;
- Formulating the appropriate transition plans and arranging induction for the new residents.
You are passionate about the welfare of children and achieving the absolute best outcomes for them. Responsive and adaptive to the needs of children and young people, you lead with heart.
You are a charismatic leader who inspires their team members and mentors them to overcome hurdles and achieve shared goals.
With excellent communication skills, you liaise well with a range of internal and external stakeholders. Deadline focussed, you can deliver results and adhere to timelines given to you. With a comprehensive knowledge of legislative and service requirements you promote the culture of compliance necessary in this industry.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications for the role will consist of:
- A recognised qualification (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in Social/Behavioural Sciences or related discipline;
- Solid experience in leading a multidisciplinary team in a child protection context;
- Applied knowledge and understanding of child protection and out-of-home care frameworks including knowledge of The Child Protection Act 1999;
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of care services to children and young people in statutory care;
- Practical knowledge of financial management systems and budgeting.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: Unconditional Love, Continual Innovation, Mutual Trust and Wise Stewardship.
Who we are
We offer over 200 services in more than 100 communities, positively impacting around 45,000 lives each year. Our care services range from children, youth and family services, early intervention and protection, affordable housing, and seniors and support living, making us one of Australia’s largest, most diverse not-for-profit organisations.
We provide a range of services to children, youth and families ranging from foster and kinship care to residential and supported independent living services. We provide support for more than 2,800 children, young people and families each year. Over 800 dedicated foster and kinship carers help us provide a vital safety net for these young people.
Imagine working for us
Our values encourage us to be accepting of differences and embrace all. Our size and variety offers you real choice and opportunities to grow your career.
Remuneration packages come complete with salary-packaging benefits that can increase your take-home pay along with a generous five weeks of annual leave and the ability to purchase more (for eligible employees). Most importantly, you will help us to positively impact the lives of thousands of vulnerable Australians. Just imagine that.
Please apply below with a cover letter and resume. For further information, please contact Dragica Cecez on 0414 293 674
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Applications close: We will be assessing applications as they are received for a commencement in early January 2020
Residential Team Leader (CYF_Communities).pdf